Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You has super easy sandwich recipes. All of them cook for 7 to 9 hours so they are perfect for a weeknight meal if you start the slow cooker on your way to work. It’s worth it to come in and have dinner ready to go. Plus, everyone loves sandwiches!
In addition to this hearty taco filling there are:
- Carolina Barbecue Soy Curls
- Sloppy Black-Eyed Peas
- Indian Mashed Veggie Sandwich (Pav Bhaji)
- New England Tofu Rolls
- Asian Shiitake Sliders
Gone longer than 9 hours? Add some extra liquid so your dinner doesn’t burn.
Slow Cooker Lentil-Quinoa Taco Filling contains no soy or gluten yet, has an almost meaty texture that tacos love. This filling is also a great place to stash some shredded greens, fresh chopped summer squash, and more seasonal goodies from your market. You can cook them with the fillings below, or add them raw to freshen it up a bit. Let your imagination guide you.
Serves: 6 tacos
Serving size: ½ cup
Fat: 0.5 g
- ¼ cup (48 g) brown lentils
- ¼ cup (48 g) beluga lentils or brown lentils
- ¼ cup (43 g) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 soft or hard corn taco shells (use gluten-free shells to make this gluten-free and use fat free soft taco shells to keep it oil-free)
- Add all the ingredients except the salt, pepper, and taco shells to the 1½- to 2-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust any of the seasonings as needed.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, or any of your other favorite taco toppings.
Looking to start your own food blog? My friend at HurrytheFoodUp.com has some great info for you HERE.