Watermelon is refreshing all by itself, but it’s also great in drinks and this Fresh Herb and Watermelon Gazpacho. It combines watermelon, fresh juicy tomatoes, basil, mint, pepper, and cucumber. Go ahead and make a double batch to have on hand for last minute meals all week long.
This soup adds a change of pace from a green or pasta salad. It still doesn’t heat up your kitchen because you don’t cook anything. Pile it all into your blender or food processor and it’s ready to eat!
You can use any variety of basil or mint that you have on hand. I used lemon basil in the soup and decorated with some opal purple basil for color.
- 2 cups heirloom tomato, cut in chunks
- 3 cups watermelon, cut in chunks
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded with the ribs removed
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 to 1 cup tomato juice or water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, lemon or lime basil works great
- big handful of chopped fresh mint leaves, orange or lime mint is my favorite
- extra chopped tomato, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Puree the 2 cups of heirloom tomatoes, watermelon, hot pepper, lime or lemon juice, tomato juice (or water), olive oil and garlic in a blender or food processor until relatively smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl or pitcher and add in the minced veggies and herbs.
- Stir with a spoon to mix everything together.
- Take a final taste and decide if you need to adjust the salt and pepper, or add any more herbs or lime juice.
- Put it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Garnish with fresh mint and chopped tomatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 9mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 7gSugar 17gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is provided from nutritionix.com as a close estimate. If you have specific health issues please put the recipe information, including the exact ingredients you use, into the nutritional calculator your Dr. recommends.