I love Halloween, and I spend entirely too much time thinking about what I can add a spooky twist to. One night when I looked into my fridge and took inventory of my leftovers I was inspired to make Halloween themed spreads.
You may notice the red spread in the photos is not in this post. That recipe is in my in my ebook, The Ghoulish Gourmet.Get more Halloween recipes on the blog here, or in my ebook, The Ghoulish Gourmet, get the Kindle version at Amazon.
One can of white beans makes all three spreads. Each tastes completely different but are similar enough to make all three in minutes. The longest part was waiting for my little food processor to make each one smooth enough.
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut squash, or pumpkin - even carrots would work
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 1 tablespoon RolandⓇ Hazelnut Oil, *to make oil-free use nondairy-milk instead
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch ground sage
- pinch ground rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Puree everything together in a food processor until smooth.
- Store in the fridge until servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Saturated Fat 1gSodium 439mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 11gSugar 2gProtein 9g