Today is another hot one so I’ll be grabbing one of these from the freezer when I get home today. These surprising fudgesicles still taste like your childhood favorites. Like all recipes in The Great Vegan Bean Book, it is chock full of beans. One of my favorite chapters is the dessert chapter, and there are lots of chocolate recipes for Cheryl!
Here are the other dessert recipes from the book:
- Double Chocolate Devil’s Food Cookies
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Black-Eyed Pea Peanut Butter Pie
- Black Bean Fudgesicles
- Ginger Red Bean Popsicles
- Vanilla and Rose Water Parfaits
- Chocolate Cardamom Cake (Mini Bundts)
- Coconut Pecan Blondies
- Cherry Basil Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Summer Squash Cake
What desserts have you made with beans?
Black Bean Fudgesicles
- Purée all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. There will be some black flecks from the black bean skins. I think they look like chocolate flecks, but if you (or your family) are put off by them, you can strain the mixture through a cheesecloth.
- Taste the mixture and see if it's sweet enough for you. This recipe is lightly sweetened as is, but you can add more sweetener tablespoon at a time until it is just the way you like it.
- Fill your frozen pop molds about seven eighths full of the mixture. Freeze for several hours or overnight before serving.
frozen or they will just fall to the side and not be very useful.