While I certainly have a recipe for pumpkin spice lattes both hot and frozen sometimes you have to try something new and different. Maybe you have some sweet potatoes left over from dinner – which was what got me started in this direction!
You probably know the coffee concentrate drill by now, but here it is again – just in case! The one thing that you need to make ahead is the cold brewed coffee concentrate. You can make it on the weekend and use it all week long. There is very little hands on time, and it cold brews by sitting out overnight while you sleep. My favorite way to make food!
Are you a coffee hater? Leave it out completely and just add a touch more nondairy milk.
- 1/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup 63ml cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup 63ml nondairy creamer (to make it extra rich – you can use only non-dairy milk if you prefer)
- 1 cup 250ml unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc. (I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin, do not leave out – it holds it together!
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthan gum and ice.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Remember this is a concentrated flavor so it needs to be a little sweeter now to be just right later.
- Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
- You can add more coconut milk if it’s too thick or you can add more ice if it’s too thick.
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Sodium 102mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 4g