Small 1 1/2 or 2 quart slow cookers are one of my favorite appliances. You can make breakfast in it while you sleep or cook dinner for 2 while you’re out at work. It’s pretty magical. Today I have one of my favorite soup recipes Autumn Harvest Veggie Soup at the bottom of this post. I suggest you have this for dinner this weekend!
Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Veggie Soup for 2
- 2 cups 475 g water
- 1 1/2 cups 210 g diced winter squash
- 1 cup 88 g shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup 65 g diced carrots
- 1/4 cup 38 g diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons 11 g cooked onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons 2 g dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted minced pecans for garnish optional
- Add everything except the last three ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, add apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve with a sprinkling of toasted pecans.
If you have an singles or couples on your holiday list try getting them Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You and a 2-quart slow cooker. It’s a great combo for new vegans, empty nesters, retirees and those who want just enough vegan food. A 2-quart slow cooker is small enough to fit in a dorm room, tiny apartment, or travel with you in your RV!