This is a Monday that I’m just not prepared for. I’ve been taking things out of cabinets, cleaning and re-organizing the kitchen all weekend. That sounds great right? I’m probably just tired, and should think of that feeling of accomplishment. Except – I’m still not done and my kitchen is a little wrecked.
I hate not completing things. I hope I will get back to it this weekend – during the week I have too many deadlines to meet.
So, I declare this oatmeal the one that will make me forget about that. The one that will soothe my soul with sweet pears and lure my senses away from my obsessiveness with the fragrances of rosewater and cardamom. The slight almond flavor will ground me so that I can start my week off just right.
Have an amazing Monday everyone!
** Make sure to check out my other oatmeal recipes. I have over 50 different flavors!
Serves: 2 to 3
- ½ cup (40g) steel-cut oats
- 2 cup (500ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1 small pear, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon rosewater (food grade)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1 packet Nu Stevia)
- The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add all the ingredients except the sweetener. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well and add sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency.