The pudding in these parfaits is thick and gets its cheesecake-like flavor from the vegan yogurt. The magic bean ingredient? Well, that would be the cooked red lentils. I promise you no one will know they are in this decadent dessert. I do use silken tofu, but you could make it with all yogurt instead, it just won’t be as thick.
Sandwiched in between layers of vanilla cookie crumbs, it’s something all your dinner guests will want seconds of. It’s a great mini dessert to serve in shot glasses at your next party.
- 1 cup 262 g vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup 192 g cooked red lentils
- 1 container, 12.3 ounces/349g silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar, more if using plain yogurt
- 3 cups 240 g vanilla cookie crumbs (*use gluten-free cookies to make gluten-free or leave them out and just have pudding)
- Add everything except for the cookie crumbs to a food process and purée for about 8 minutes. Stop every few minutes and scrape down the side of the bowl to make sure it all gets smooth.
- In 8 small (10 ounce) custard cups (or in shot glasses to make minis) layer the crumbs on the bottom, add a layer of the tofu mixture, more crumbs, another layer of tofu and end by completely cover the top with the rest of the cookie crumbs.
- The mixture will thicken up when you refrigerate the parfaits, so put them in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving but will keep covered for a few days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Saturated Fat 2gCholesterol 2mgSodium 187mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 4gSugar 20gProtein 13g