Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/yellow-eyed-bean-soup-with-sweet-potatoes-and-greens-for-2/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Yellow Eyed Bean Soup For 2 with Veggie Variations
soy-free, gluten-free, no added oil **Please note that this recipe is for a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker - you can double or triple it and use a larger slow cooker**
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced (or potato, turnip, carrot or combination)
- 1 cup dried yellow eyed beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon veggie bouillon
- 1 (2 inch) sprig fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 to 2 cups chopped greens, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (leave out if your bouillon has yeast in it already)
- a few drops liquid smoke, optional
- a few drops garlic Tabasco, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the sweet potato, beans, garlic, water, bouillon, rosemary, marjoram and paprika into your 2-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Minutes before serving add the greens if you're using them. They will cook just enough from the heat in the soup since they are minced. Also add the nutritional yeast, liquid smoke and Tabasco if you are using it.
- Right before serving add salt and pepper, taste, then adjust any of the seasonings as needed