Breakfast Sausage Spice Blend
I like to make my own spice blends so I can tweak them just the way I like them. Feel free to tweak my recipe or if you don’t want to be bothered you can buy a premade blend at Penzey’s or Savory Spice Shop.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar , or date sugar
- 4 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt , (leave out to make this into a salt free blend)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Add all the ingredients to a blender or spice grinder. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Note: You can use your coffee grinder. Just grind some white rice first to clean out some of the coffee first. Then grind white rice after to get it ready for coffee again.