Gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with No Added Oil!
These mini cupcakes will satisfy your chocolate cravings and are gluten-free, vegan, and have no refined oil. They are moist from the avocado and get a chocolate punch from the icing that has avocado too. You will amaze your family and friends!
Servings 3 dozen mini cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Maskal Brown Teff Flour
- ½ cup almond meal or flour
- ½ cup vegan sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe medium avocados
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract your choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add paper liners <g class="gr_ gr_62 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="62" data-gr-id="62">into</g> your mini muffin pans.
Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then mix the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Add the dry to the wet and mix well.
Using a small scoop fill up each muffin about ¾ full.
Bake for 15 minutes, then lightly touch one to see if it’s firm. If it’s still a little soft, bake for 5 more minutes.
Remove and let cool.
While the cupcakes are in the oven, you can make the icing.
Put all the icing ingredients into your food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost with the icing using a spatula or a piping bag.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.