Vegan Torchy's Queso Copycat Made with Potato and Homemade Rojo Sauce!
While I was in Austin I heard a lot about Torchy’s queso. I wasn’t able to try it, but I did manage to get a few pointers on their secret recipe, and now I’m going to share my recipe with you! The rojo sauce is the main secret. Now everyone who can’t eat dairy can enjoy this amazing queso!
Servings 3 to 4 cups
- 2 cups diced cooked Idaho® Potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 recipe of homemade rojo sauce with a few teaspoons reserved for topping
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 4 ounce can diced roasted green chilies
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Guacamole for topping
Add the cooked Idaho® Potatoes, water, rojo sauce, nutritional yeast, salt and oregano to your blender. Blend until smooth. You will need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender several times to make sure everything is smooth.
Scrape the mixture into a small mixing bowl and mix in the diced chilies.
Spread the queso mixture in a wide servings bowl. Place a large scoop of guacamole in the center. Top with chopped cilantro and reserved rojo sauce.