Vegan Gluten-Free Chai Teff Waffles
Servings 4 Belgian Waffles
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup Maskal Ivory Teff Flour or brown teff flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or other mild oil
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
Heat your waffle iron. Mix the dry ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
Spray both of the cooking sides of the waffle iron with spray oil. Pour a heaping 1/3 cup of batter in the center. Close the waffle iron and cook as directed.
Cook until crispy and remove carefully with tongs and put on a cookie cooling rack to keep it crisp as you finish cooking the others.
Do not forgo the oil because these waffle tend to stick more than others I have made.