Quick and Easy Weeknight Vegan Skillet: Cauliflower Rice and Black Beans with Kale
Feeling too tired to cook dinner? This skillet comes together fast with frozen riced cauliflower and sweet potato, a can of black beans, and some spices from your pantry. I used kale in mine, but any green will work wonderfully.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or saute with broth to make no oil added
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional (to suit your heat level)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 15.5 oz/ 439 g can black beans, drained and rinsed ( or 1 1/2 cups homemade)
- 1 12 oz /340 g bag Green Giant Riced Cauliflower & Sweet Potato (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil or broth in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne to the skillet and turn the heat to medium. Saute until the spices become fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the water, beans, and Green Giant Riced Cauliflower & Sweet Potato and cook until the sweet potato begins to tender. Then add the kale and cook until it's steamed.
Before serving add salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve this as-is in a bowl, or fancy it up with salsa, chopped veggies, and avocado. You can serve leftovers in lettuce leaves, use in burritos or on salads!