Farmer's Market Watermelon Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a liquid salad that’s perfect when you think you’re too hot to eat. You don’t have to heat up the house to make it, and you can make it ahead of time. That’s my kind of hot weather dinner!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 cups heirloom tomato cut in chunks
- 3 cups watermelon cut in chunks
- 1 small hot pepper seeded with the ribs removed
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- ½ to 1 cup tomato juice or water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil leave out to make oil-free
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cucumber diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil lemon or lime basil works great
- big handful of chopped fresh mint leaves orange or lime mint is my favorite
- extra chopped tomato for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Puree the 2 cups of heirloom tomatoes, watermelon, hot pepper, lime or lemon juice, tomato juice (or water), olive oil and garlic in a blender or food processor until relatively smooth.
Pour into a large bowl or pitcher and add in the minced veggies and herbs.
Stir with a spoon to mix everything together.
Take a final taste and decide if you need to adjust the salt and pepper, or add any more herbs or lime juice.
Put it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. Garnish with fresh mint and chopped tomatoes.