Slow Cooker Dill Cabbage Steaks over Roasted Rainbow Potatoes
This ridiculously easy recipe is sure to be a hit any weeknight dinner. I have to admit that I was skeptical about cabbage steaks, but once I tried them I was hooked. This takes very little effort and makes the perfect stick to your ribs meal. You can double the potatoes if you’re extra hungry.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups 600 g quartered baby potatoes (a mix of yellow, red, and purple if possible)
- 2 tablespoons 30 ml olive oil (optional) *leave out to make oil-free
- 4 ½-inch, or 1.3-cm cabbage slices (green or red)
- About 1 tablespoon 15 ml spray olive oil, (*leave out to make oil-free)
- 2 teaspoons 2 g dried dill (or 4-inch [10-cm] sprigs of fresh dill)
BEFORE SERVING INGREDIENTS
- Unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Fresh dill
The Night Before:
Slice 4 cabbage steaks from the thickest part of the cabbage. Coat sides with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil, if using.
Toss the potatoes in 1 tablespoon oil (if using). Store in the fridge overnight.
Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 2191mg | Fiber: 26g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 18.4% | Vitamin C: 438.9% | Calcium: 39% | Iron: 31.6%