Quick and Easy Fresh Oregano Vegan Pesto
It's starting to get hot outside and you are going to need some quick and easy dinners that don't have you sweating over a hot stove. All you need to do is cook some pasta and mix in some pesto for a delightful summer dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves removed from the stems
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup pecans or substitute nut or seed of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , use water to make oil-free
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Add all the ingredients to a small food processor and process until it's mostly smooth, but has some tiny pieces of nuts in it for some texture.
Serve over pasta, mixed in a dip or layered in lasagna.
I used 2 tablespoons of the pesto mixed with ¼ cup pasta cooking water tossed with ½ pound cooked pasta. This will feed 2. Double to serve 4.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2.4mg