Vegan Instant Pot Quinoa Black Bean Tacos or Bowls
Perfect dish for a easy lunch or dinner!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder the kind for chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite ground chile powder I used New Mexican
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water or broth
- salt to taste
Add the zucchini, carrots, and corn kernels to your Instant Pot liner. Saute until most of the liquid is out of the shredded zucchini, then add the chili powder, cumin, and chile powder. Saute for another minute until the spices become fragrant.
Turn the Instant Pot off, then add the Mexican oregano, black beans, I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa, water or broth. Press the manual or pressure cook button and set it to cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
Carefully release the pressure manually.
Serve in soft or crunchy taco shells, burritos, or as a base for your new favorite bowl!
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2925IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2.5mg