Halloween Super-Scary Spicy Chili
Servings 4 cups
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 to 2 peppers from a 7 ounce can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup ground seitan I used Sweet Earth ground Chipotle flavor
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges and chopped cilantro for serving
Drain the tomatoes in a small food processor. Don't worry about getting every drop out of the can or squeezing them dry. You just want to get what pours out freely.
Add 1 to 2 chipotle peppers to the food processor depending on how hot you want your sauce to be. You can also spoon some extra adobo sauce in from the can to get the heat level up. Puree and set aside.
In a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker add the contents left in the tomato can, 1 to 2 teaspoons of the chipotle sauce you just made, black beans, seitan, garlic, oregano and chili powder.
Cook on low 7 to 9 hours (or 4 to 5 hours on high).
Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Serve with lime wedges and chopped cilantro along with the extra chipotle sauce you made on the side.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 762mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g