But these little cakes are for more than Halloween. They would be at home at your Thanksgiving dessert buffet, a Magical Creatures party, or just with a nice cup of hot chocolate while you sit in front of the fire.
I love pumpkin and encourage you to stock up on cans of organic pumpkin while they are plentiful. Be sure to check for sales after Thanksgiving too. You may even be able to find a sale on whole pie pumpkins. You can cook as many as you want to make your own pumpkin puree and then freeze it in 1 1/2 cup portions.
Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin about 1-15 ounce can
- 1/2 cup mild oil or substitute applesauce or extra pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put muffin liners in a 12 muffin pan. or oil your mini pumpkin pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then pour the wet ingredients in the dry.
- Mix thoroughly and divide the batter to fill 24 muffins or mini pumpkins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!