Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/white-bean-quinoa-gumbo-from-vegan-slow-coking-for-two-or-just-you/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
White Bean Quinoa Gumbo
soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free
- For the morning ingredients: 2 1/2 cups (570 ml) water
- 1 cup (100 g) sliced okra
- 1/4 cup (54 g) dry Great Northern
- beans or other small white bean
- 1 tablespoon (5.5 g) sautéed minced onion
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) celery, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cube bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 whole allspice berries
- For the evening ingredients: 1 cup (180 g) diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup (25 g) quinoa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- In the morning: Add all the morning ingredients and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving: Add all the evening ingredients except the salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust any of the seasonings as needed.