Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-sin-cinnati-chili-for-your-halloween-dinner/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Sin-cinnati Chili
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker 1½ to 2 quarts - you can double the recipe and use a 3½ to 4 quart slow cooker
- 3/4 cup dry black beluga lentils (you can sub other lentils, the chili just won't be as dark)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Ground Beefless (use Trader Joe's, frozen crumbles, or cook 1/2 cup Gimme Lean)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot pepper, like chipotle
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- pinch allspice
- pinch ground hot pepper of choice, optional and to taste
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- shredded vegan cheese, for topping
- chopped onions, for topping
- cooked spinach pasta, for topping
- Add everything except nutmeg, salt and toppings to the slow cooker .
- Cook 7 - 9 hours on low.
- Add nutmeg, taste, and add salt or adjust other seasonings as needed.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with your choice of onions and/or cheese.