Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-pecan-pumpkin-shake-no-ice-cream-needed/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Pecan Pumpkin No Ice Cream Needed Shake
I love the flavors of pumpkin and pecan together. This is a no-ice-cream-needed shake, which means you thicken the homemade nut milk with ice and chia seeds. You can also use your choice of sweetener. There is even a nut-free version, which makes this perfect for all diets.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds (or 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- sweetener of choice, to taste (maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, agave and soaked dates all work well)
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed ice
- Make your own nondairy milk by adding the water and pecans to a blender and blending until mostly smooth. At this point, you can strain the mixture or leave the tiny bits of pecan in to add texture to the shake. I like to leave them in.
- Next add the pumpkin, chia seeds, spices and your choice of sweetener to the blender with the nondairy mixture. Blend until smooth, taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake. Please note that if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it’s as thick as your blender (or undertaker) will allow.
Make this nut-free: Substitute 1¾ cups of you favorite nut-free nondairy milk in place of the water and pecans.