Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-instant-pot-vegan-creamy-black-eyed-peas/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Instant Pot: Vegan Creamy Black-Eyed Peas
Celebrate New Year's Day with these healthy black-eyed peas. Southerners eat them for luck, but you can eat them just because they are healthy and delicious!
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil or water saute to make oil-free
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 and 1/2 cups dried black-eyed peas (NOT soaked)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the sauté setting over normal, or medium heat, and heat the oil or water. Saute the onion until they become transparent. Then add the garlic, smoked paprika and liquid smoke. Sauté a minute more.
- Add the black-eyed peas and water, then put the lid on and make sure that the vent is sealed. Cook on manual setting at high pressure and set for 25 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. Stir in the nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper, then serve.