Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-instant-pot-easy-white-bean-soy-curl-chili-with-options/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Instant Pot: Easy White Bean Chilli
You can make this with any white bean. I've made it with cannellini beans and in the photos, I used Rancho Gordo's Caballero Beans. The only difference is you made need to cook an extra 5 minutes if you're using old beans or in the case of my Caballero Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or water saute to make oil-free)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups dry soy curls, minced (or use your favorite vegan chicken sub or tempeh)
- 1 cup cannellini beans (or other white bean), soaked overnight (there will be about 2 1/4 cups after they are soaked
Before Serving Ingredients
- 1 (10 oz) can of diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the sauté setting over normal, or medium heat, and heat the oil or water. Saute the onion until they become transparent. Then add the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and carrot. Sauté a minute more.
- Add the water, soy curls, and soaked beans to your Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and let the pressure release naturally. (Note: If your beans aren't completely cooked, go ahead and cook 5 minutes more on high pressure)
- Puree the diced tomatoes and green chilies together in your blender.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. Stir in the blended mixtures, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt, and pepper, then serve.