Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-instant-pot-brazilian-potato-salad/
© 2016 . All rights reserved.
Instant Pot (or Not*) Vegan Brazilian Potato Salad with Idaho® Potatoes
Brazilian potato salad has a mayo-based dressing and hard-boiled eggs just like American potato salad. Since this is a vegan recipe we’re using a special salt that tastes like eggs instead of real eggs - it’s called kala namak and you can find it online or at Indian groceries. And it’s a bonus that this salad is chock full of veggies!
Instant Pot Ingredients
- 4 cups Idaho® potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 10 black or green olives, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kala namak, to taste (or 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes, water, and carrots into your Instant Pot and cook on manual, high pressure, for 10 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and remove the lid. Add the peas and corn, replace the lid and cook on manual, low pressure, for 0 minutes. Yes, I really mean zero minutes.
- Once it's done, which will be a few minutes since it will need time to come back up to pressure, release the pressure manually.
- Pour everything into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Mixing the dressing ingredients together in a measuring cup or small bowl
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooled vegetables and the dressing then mix well.
- You can serve it as is, or chill for an hour.
- * Note: If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make this delicious salad. Just cook the potatoes and carrots in a pot on your stove over medium heat until they are easily pierced with a fork. Remove from heat and add peas and corn, cover and let sit for about 5 minutes, or until the peas and corn are cooked. Then start on step 4 above.