Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-holiday-gingerbread-pear-crumble-from-oatrageous-oatmeals/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble From OATrageous Oatmeals
This is a wonderful way to keep your holidays healthy, and it takes less time to make than a batch of cookies. If you aren’t a huge molasses fan, you can use half the amount or even replace it with another sweetener. Depending on what you have on hand, use either apples or a combination of pears and apples.
- 1 cup (96 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (132 g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) molasses
- 11/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 5 cups (805 g) chopped pears (peeled if not organic)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) agave nectar,optional
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with oil. (**You can also line with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan to make it oil-free.)
- Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- If your pears aren’t very sweet, add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the pear mixture in the casserole dish.
- Crumble the gingerbread topping over the pears, then bake for 30 minutes.