Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/vegan-brussels-sprout-butternut-squash-curry-instant-pot-wheat-berries/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Cumin Turmeric Wheat Berry Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon oil (or water saute to make oil free)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds (or about 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (or about 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups wheat berries, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- salt, to taste
Turn your IP on saute and heat oil or water. Once warm add the minced onion and saute until translucent. Stir in the cumin, coriander, garlic, and turmeric and saute until they become fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the wheat berries and toast for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the water, turn the IP off to stop the saute function and then turn back on to manual, high pressure. Cook for 30 minutes on high pressure and let the pressure release naturally.