Summer is just around the corner and it’s a good time to collect a few hot-weather recipes. This spread is a great alternative to cooking a full meal on a hot day or the perfect appetizer at your next cocktail party.
It goes well on crostinis, crackers, and even as a spread on a sandwich. Serve with a green salad and you’ve got yourself a full meal without all the sweat.
Sun Dried Tomato Eggplant Spread
You could probably make this in a 1½ quart slow cooker if you added about ½ cup water. (Cook on low 7 to 9 hours.) soy-free and gluten-free
- Heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the peppers, eggplant, sun-dried tomato, tomato paste and red wine.
- Cook until the eggplant is soft and cooked through.
- Add extra water or wine if the mixture gets to dry before the eggplant is completely done.
- Serve warm or cold with crackers or toasted thinly sliced baguette.