Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/slow-cooker-lentil-quinoa-taco-filling/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling
Gone longer than 9 hours? Add some extra liquid so your dinner doesn't burn. - soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free
- 1/4 cup (48 g) brown lentils
- 1/4 cup (48 g) beluga lentils or brown lentils
- 1/4 cup (43 g) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 soft or hard corn taco shells (use gluten-free shells to make this gluten-free and use fat free soft taco shells to keep it oil-free)
- Add all the ingredients except the salt, pepper, and taco shells to the 1½- to 2-quart slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust any of the seasonings as needed.
- Serve in taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, or any of your other favorite taco toppings.
This recipe uses a 1½- to 2-quart slow cooker (like all the recipes in Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You)