No matter how busy or behind I get, I go on the deck and look out at the trees and listen to the birds before I leave for work. This morning I was rewarded with a magical rainbow. So I feel pretty lucky. I have an experimental agave mustard tofu in the slow cooker so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!
Today’s Vegan Mofo recipe is made in a 1 1/2 to 2 quart slow cooker. It’s basically an enhanced applesauce, well…with pears instead of apples.
You already know that I have a thing for lavender and rosewater so it was only a matter of time until I made something like this.
If you eat applesauce plain then you could eat this the same way. It’s also a great topping for steel cut oats or even ice cream.
It will keep in the fridge for about a week, but you can also freeze some for later.
Slow Cooker Lavender Rose Pear Sauce
- 3 cups pears peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon culinary lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- sweetener of choice to taste (I used 1/4 teaspoon Nu-Stevia)
- Add the pears and lavender to your slow cooker and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Stir in rosewater then taste. Add sweetener if needed until it's just the way you like it. You can also just use only the lavender or rosewater instead of the combination.
More Lavender Recipes