This is one of my favorite comfort foods to make. It’s great when you don’t feel good, or if it’s just chilly outside. Most potato soups you have contain heavy cream and butter which can mess up your eating plan quickly. This recipe has all the comfort and none of the fat or cholesterol. This one is even gluten-free!
Slow Cooker Cream-less Potato Soup (*gluten-free)
- 4 Russet Potatoes you can use waxy ones, but the soup texture will be a little different
- 2 cups veggie broth or 2 cups of water with 1 Tb Better Than Bouillon No chicken base *make sure the broth/base you are using is gluten-free if you are allergic
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 spring fresh rosemary whole (remove stem before serving)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened soy or rice milk
- The night before:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Mince the garlic.
- In the morning:
- Throw everything but the almond milk into your slow cooker and cook for 6 – 8 hours on low. If the potatoes aren’t covered by the broth add more.
- Taste to see if you need to adjust seasonings. You may need to add a little salt if your bouillon/broth is not salted.
- Add almond milk and purée with an immersion blender. You can also use a blender, but make sure not to fill it all the way or you’ll have a hot mess on your hands!
- Serve topped with fresh herbs.