For Valentine’s day I wasn’t sure what to get for my other half. We are off of sugar – so no chocolate hearts for us this year…so I got creative and made us bowls of chocolate oatmeal. Trust me, it tastes way better than it sounds!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats *get oats marked gluten-free
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 Tb cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1 Tb agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- The night before:
- Put everything in the slow cooker except for the almond milk. If you haven't used stevia before you may want to start with ⅛ of a tsp and add more later. Stevia gets bitter as soon as you add too much.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- In the morning:
- Stir the oatmeal and add the almond milk. Now you're ready to have some chocolate for breakfast!
- Try topping with cocoa nibs, slivered almonds, coconut, etc.