I love beets and I always have. I don’t get why some people don’t like them. To me they are sweet tasty treats, but my other half says they taste like dirt to her. I get earthy, but not dirt.
I’m eating tons of salads lately and wanted to make something extra good to put on top. Mixed greens with beets and slivered almonds seemed to be just the thing.
Slow Cooker Beyond Easy Herb Beets (gluten free)
- 3 - 4 beets cubed
- filtered water
- 2 springs fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp crushed mint leaves fresh or dried
- The night before:
- Peel and dice beets. Make sure you don't have on your favorite clothes - the beet juice will stain.
- In the morning:
- Place the beets in your little dipper or other small slow cooker.
- Add a little water to cover the bottom of the crock and the herbs.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Add more mint and thyme if needed.