We’ve been eating a ton of bananas. So many, in fact, that I haven’t been able to cook much with them. Last week we didn’t eat any, so be prepared for a few banana oatmeals this week.
This oatmeal gets its ‘crust’ from a topping of crushed graham crackers. If you don’t have any try some granola or a crushed cookie.
Slow Cooker Banana Creme Pie Oatmeal
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker that's 1½ to 2 quarts
The night before:
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add oats, milk, and vanilla.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning:
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in sweetener and mashed banana.
- Top each serving with chopped graham crackers and more sliced bananas if desired.