Greens are the perfect veggie to eat in the winter. Some people can’t deal with the bitterness. Getting my other half to eat them was a true feat. One that could have only been done with soy sauce and sesame oil.
It takes a little work to clean up a bunch of greens but you can also buy pre-washed cut greens at most groceries. At whole foods you can buy each kind separately packaged or all mixed together.
Slow Cooker Asian Greens (gluten free)
- 1 bunch greens of your choice or mix and match: collards, kale, turnip greens, beet greens, etc.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 Tb soy sauce * gluten free people make sure you have gluten-free soy sauce or add some salt instead
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar you can substitute white vinegar if you don't have any
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water if cooking all day
- sesame oil or chili sesame oil to taste
- The night before:
- Wash and cut up the greens.
- Mince the garlic and grate the ginger.
- In the morning:
- Put everything except the sesame oil in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. (Or on high for 4 hours.)
- Top with sesame oil. Use chili oil for more of a kick.