Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/pear-cranberry-ip-cake/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Pear and Cranberry Instant Pot Cake
This cake is super moist since it’s steamed and reminds me a little of an English steamed pudding. You can vary the fruits to match up with the season.
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g) whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup Whole Earth Sweetener Agave 50
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons mild oil (or **use applesauce to make oil-free)
- 1 cup chopped pear
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) water
- Oil a 6 or 7-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Then mix all the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Fold in the mix-ins.
- Spread the cake mixture into your prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Put the steel insert into your Instant Pot, add the water into the bottom along with the stainless steel steam rack with handles that came with your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on with the vent closed and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure indicator goes down, remove the lid, carefully lift out the pan and remove the foil that’s covering the pan.
- Let cool before removing the cake from the pan and/or cutting.