Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/mother-stallard-beans-for-vegan-mofo-2013/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Mother Stallard Beans
soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free
- 2 cups (386 g) dry Mother Stallard Beans, rinsed and picked through
- 6 cups (1410 ml) water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (2 inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 carrots, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Stove Top Directions:
- Add everything except salt and pepper to a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn heat down to medium low.
- Cook until the beans are tender about 2 to 3 hours. If your beans are older it can take as much as twice as long.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and then dig into a bowl of home-cooked goodness!
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add everything except salt and pepper to the slow cooker and cook for 7 to 10 hours on low.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.