Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/mini-gluten-free-vegan-irish-soda-bread-made-with-teff-flour/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Mini Gluten-Free Vegan Irish Soda Breads
What I love most about Irish soda bread is how quickly it comes together, and these mini rounds cook in about 15 minutes. That makes them a perfect last minute addition to a dinner or a quick breakfast on a weekend. You can enjoy them plain or with your favorite jam.
- 1 cup Maskal Ivory Teff Flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix well. You can add some additional teff flour if the dough is sticky, but you want to dough to be soft.
- Use a round ¼ cup scoop and scoop the batter onto the baking sheet, making sure the tops are rounded.
- Using a knife, make an x in the top of each mini round.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are crisp and the insides are only slightly moist.
These are best eaten on the same day as cooked.