Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/middle-eastern-iced-coffee-with-homemade-cardamom-vanilla-syrup-and-rosewater/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Homemade Cardamom Vanilla Syrup
This is delicious in iced coffee, hot coffee, and even in tea and hot chocolate! You could use agave nectar or maple syrup in place of the sugar if you want.
- 30 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean sliced in half
- Add all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to high and stir until the sugar starts to dissolve, then lower the heat to medium.
- Keep cooking and stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool with the cardamom pods and vanilla still in the pot.
- Once cool, strain and store in the fridge.