Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/make-banana-flax-vegan-dog-biscuits/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Blissful Banana Flax Vegan Dog Biscuits
Sometimes your puppy needs some incentive to be good. Or is it just my dogs? These dog cookies come together quickly and are filled with whole food ingredients that are actually good for them. The other bonus is these don't cost a fortune like the organic ones in the fancy pet stores.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats (or Irish oats, which are stone-ground)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil a large cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the flax seed, oats, flour, cinnamon and salt to a mixing bowl or mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and banana then mix in well, add ¼ cup water and mix more. The dough will be thick and it's easier to mix in a mixer. If you are mixing by hand you may need to add a little extra water to get it to come together.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten on the cookie sheet. I use a cookie scoop and flatten with the back of a wooden spoon. Repeat until you use up all the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.