Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/instant-pot-vegan-mac-and-cheese-with-soy-curls/
© 2016 . All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Vegan Mac ’n Cheese with Soy Curls
This easy and comforting dinner is a snap to make. Plus it's a one pot meal your whole family can get behind. This recipe is from JL Field's wonderful book, Vegan Pressure Cooking from Fair Winds Press.
- 2 cups Soy Curls
- 2 cups warm water, plus 2 cups cool water
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons “chicken style” seasoning
- 1 cup spelt elbow pasta
- Approximately 2 and 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 ounces shredded vegan cheese
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place Soy Curls in a container large enough to cover with warm water and soak for 8-10 minutes to re-hydrate then drain excess water.
- Heat vegan butter on medium-high heat in an uncovered pressure cooker.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Stir in Soy Curls and Chik-Style seasoning and sauté for about five minutes.
- Add pasta, the remaining 2 cups of cool water (or as needed enough to cover the pasta), stir, add nutritional yeast, stir well, pat down the soy curls and cover the pressure cooker.
- Bring to pressure.
- Cook at low pressure for five minutes. Use a quick release method.
- Uncover, stir and taste. Stir in optional vegan cheese and/or salt and ground black pepper.
- Let sit for about five minutes before serving.