Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/instant-pot-apple-spice-steel-cut-oats/
© 2019 . All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Apple Spice Steel Cut Oats for 2
These oats cook fast, in 3 minutes, but realize that's after the pressure builds up which can take a little time, and then you let the pressure release naturally. You can throw everything in the Instant Pot and then go take a shower and get ready for your day. By the time you're done, breakfast will be ready!
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Add the oats, apple, water, and spices to your Instant Pot. Put your lid on and make sure the vent is closed. Plug it in and select the manual setting and set to cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. The Instant Pot timer will begin counting down the time once it gets up to pressure.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. You’ll know when it’s ready because the round silver pressure gauge will drop down. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Open and mix in your choice of sweetener. Serve topped with your favorite nondairy milk. I like to use unsweetened vanilla.
- Note: if you don't like your oats chewy, then you can cook them longer.