Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/i-love-potatoes-tempeh-hash-with-veggies/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
"I Love Potatoes" Tempeh Hash with Veggies
Potatoes are just what you need at your next brunch. This recipe bulks it up with delectable tempeh, savory onions and peppers, in addition to nutritional powerhouses like carrots and kale.
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces of tempeh, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage (or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Vegetable Mixture Ingredients
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (or water saute to make oil-free)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale (purple or green)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover them with water to about a inch above the potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once it begins to boil turn the heat down to medium and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced by a fork, about 10 minutes. They should be almost ready to eat, but not mushy. Drain in a strainer and set aside.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss the tempeh in it until each piece is coated. Set aside for later.
- Now you'll prepare the vegetable mixture. First heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot add in the onions and saute until they're translucent.
- Add the garlic and bell peppers and cook until the peppers begin to get soft.
- Stir in the kale, carrots, broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, marjoram, glazed tempeh and potatoes. Cook another 10 minutes until everything is heated thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and serve.