Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/heirloom-bean-san-fransisco-beans/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Heirloom Bean: San Franciscano Beans Slow Cooker or Instant Pot
- 1 pound San Fransisco Beans (or black beans or other heirloom)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano (or regular if that’s what you have)
- 1 teaspoon chilie powder (like New Mexican or other mild chilie)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon guajillo chile powder (or ancho)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato powder (or 2 teaspoons tomato paste)
- salt, to taste (optional)
Add all the first cook ingredients to your 4 to 5 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beans are soft.
Before serving stir in the tomato powder and salt if using.
Add all the first cook ingredients to your 3 or 6 quart Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, carefully release the pressure manually. Then check the beans to see if they are done. If they are still hard cook for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until the beans are soft.
Before serving stir in the tomato powder, liquid smoke, and salt if using.