Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/happy-vegan-halloween-and-slow-cooker-black-eyed-peas/
© 2019 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Slow Cooker Black-eyed Peas
- 1 pound dry black-eyed peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups of water, or enough to cover the beans and about 1 inch above
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeño powder
- hot pepper powder (chipotle etc.), to taste
- smoked salt and pepper, taste
- Tabasco, on the side for serving
In the morning: Add everything except salt and pepper to your 4 to 5 quart slow cooker. Cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
Before serving: Taste and adjust seasonings if needed and add salt and pepper.
This uses a 4 quart slow cooker. If yours is larger you may need to add extra water.