Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/gluten-free-vegan-vanilla-pizzelles-made-with-teff-flour/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Gluten-free Vegan Vanilla Pizzelles
Pizzelles are beautiful thin cookies that delight your mouth with their crispness. These are made without dairy or egg unlike most traditional recipes. I made these vanilla, but you can change out the extract to customize them or add a teaspoon of cinnamon, cardamom, or even a pinch of cloves.
- 1/2 cup Maskal Ivory Teff Flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (or other mild oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Plug in your pizzelle maker and lightly spray the inside with a mild spray oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well. The batter will be a little thick.
- By now, your pizzelle maker should be hot. Drop a tablespoon of batter in the center of each cookie indention in your maker. Mine makes 2 at a time, but some make 3.
- Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or as your pizzelle manual recommends, or until golden brown. (I found that just over 1 minute worked for my pizzelle maker, but will vary between makes and models.)
- Carefully remove the cookie from the maker with a silicone spatula. The cookies will be pliable while warm, so you should place them on a wire rack to cool them.
- Make the rest of the cookies by spraying oil, dropping tablespoons of batter, and repeat until all the batter is used.