Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/fresh-strawberry-vegan-no-ice-cream-shake-and-my-dream-kitchen-redo/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Vegan Homemade Strawberry Shake Recipe (No Ice Cream Needed!)
Make a shake whenever you want - even if you don’t have any vegan ice cream or nondairy milk on hand! If you want you can leave out the cashews and use nondairy milk in place of the water for an even quicker shake!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground chia seeds (or 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum powder)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste (I used 1 packet of monk fruit, but stevia, maple syrup or agave nectar would work great too)
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Combine the water, cashews and ground chia seeds in your blender and soak at least 30 minutes. You can soak all day or overnight in the fridge.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Then add the strawberries, vanilla and sweetener and blend until incorporated and smooth.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake.
- Please note: if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it's as thick as your blender will allow.