Please note that this post is sponsored by Kitchen PLAY on behalf of Frigidaire and Lowe’s. Even though I was compensated the opinions expressed (and the yummy recipe) are all mine.
Our a/c is on the fritz again and we’re counting the hours until our repair man can get here. I usually love having all the windows upstairs, but right now it’s rough. I’m keeping my cool with this vegan strawberry shake. My Homemade Strawberry Shake Recipe doesn’t call for pre-made ice cream, so you can make it without running to the store.
I don’t hate my kitchen. In fact, I have a very large kitchen with lots of cabinets, counter space and amazing natural light. But with all the new technology there’s always room for improvement.
My stove is electric, even though there’s gas in the house, and the fridge is counter-depth. That means there’s just not enough space to store the CSA, veggies from the market and homemade nut milks. It’s always a disaster in there!
With the new Frigidaire Professional Collection, it’s easy to achieve my dream professional-grade kitchen without the need for a full remodel since they were designed to fit in standard-size home kitchen spaces. The first thing I’d add in is the Frigidaire Professional 27.7-cu ft. French Door Refrigerator with the Dual Ice Maker (of course).
The second reason I’m drooling over the fridge is that it’s a regular depth, so I would have room to bring home extra ingredients when inspiration hits.. There are also flip up shelves so there’s more space for full-sized pitchers of tea.
I’d complete the redo with a Frigidaire Professional 5-Burner Freestanding Self-Cleaning Convection Gas Range and I just happen to already have the Frigidaire Professional Built-In Dishwasher with Bottle Wash Feature. All of the items within my dream kitchen board can be found at Lowe’s.
One of the reasons I love making shakes without ice cream is that you always have the ingredients you need on hand. Better yet, you get to use your favorite nondairy milk and sweetener!
Last time I showed you how to make a Vegan Coconut Pecan Shake and this time I’m using my imaginary strawberries from my dream fridge to make a fruity shake!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground chia seeds, or 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste (I used 1 packet of monk fruit, but stevia, maple syrup or agave nectar would work great too)
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Combine the water, cashews and ground chia seeds in your blender and soak at least 30 minutes. You can soak all day or overnight in the fridge.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Then add the strawberries, vanilla and sweetener and blend until incorporated and smooth.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake.
- Please note: if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it's as thick as your blender will allow.
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Saturated Fat 3gSodium 21mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 8g
More recipes that will cool you down:
- Cooling Vegan Meals You Make Ahead and Eat From the Fridge!
- Kick Your Coffee-shop Habit with these 7 Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Avocado Cashew Cream Cheese
- 20 of the Best Vegan Frozen Desserts