Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/diy-fresh-blackberry-syrup/
© 2017 . All rights reserved.
DIY Blackberry Syrup
Save $ and make your own syrups at home! This one uses fresh blackberries, but you could use thawed frozen ones too.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- Put the water and agave in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir and cook until the agave is completely dissolved into the syrup. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the blackberries. Mash the berries well to get all the juices out into the pot. Steep 10 to 20 minutes until the mixture cools.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the blackberry seeds and mush. Store in the fridge for about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Use 2 to 4 tablespoons of the syrup in hot or iced tea.